Yoseph was born on October 2,1931 in Tel-Aviv, to Yechiel and Sarah, a nationalist Haredi family. Yoseph prayed daily at the synagogue. He studied in a religious elementary school. As a child he lost his father. He was a well-educated boy with a good temperament and dedicated to his family. Influenced by the nationalist spirit absorbed at home, love of the people and the homeland, he joined Lehi aged 13. Like all youngsters he was sent to paste-up info-bulletins across the city, and distribute info-material. He fulfilled all tasks smilingly. Since laughter never left his expression his friends nicknamed him ‘Laughing Yoskeh’. Despite his underground occupations, he never ceased fulfilling the duties of tradition and religion. Aged 14 he was sent to a weapons course in Ra’anana, a few days before the UN Partition Resolution. The day after the course’s participants arrived at the isolated house, British troops surrounded the house, probably tipped off by an informer. The Course participants were busy cleaning their weapons, which they’d not yet learned how to use. As instructed, the youths jumped through a rear window and ran to a nearby orchard to escape the Brits. They were immediately under a barrage of heavy automatic gunfire which caused the deaths of five boys and girls, killed on the spot. The others were captured, some of whom were wounded. Yoseph was among the captives and was sentenced to life imprisonment. Close to the British final withdrawal period, most prisoners and detainees were concentrated at Atlit Prison Camp. On release Yoseph joined the IDF immediately, not revealing his true age (merely 16 ½). He served in the 8th Brigade, 89th Battalion, and participated in all the Battalion’s operations, including Iraq-Souidan, the breakthrough into the Negev, and the conquest of Lod, Ramla and Beit-Naballa. Yoseph was mortally wounded in the attack on Uja- al- Hafir. The following day, December 27,1948 he died. He was temporarily buried at Chalutza, and on July 20,1949, Yoseph was laid to rest at Nachalat-Yitzchak, near Tel-Aviv.