Yehezkel was born in the Zikhron Yosef neighborhood in Jerusalem on June 1, 1929 to Aharon and Mazal Yazadi. He finished elementary school at a young age and went out to work. First, he worked as a locksmith, for about a year-and-a-half, and then he became a tailor.
With the ramping up of activities against the British occupation, Yehezkel joined the underground with Lehi and was known as Avigdor. He was able, along with his friends, to see the end of the British Mandate.
Still, with the end of the Mandate, the War of Independence did not end, as the fight turned to the Arabs. In fact, even during the twilight of British rule, after Arab riots in the commercial center, Yehezkel was quite active in the defense of Jerusalem, escorting caravans to Atarot, Neve Yaakov and elsewhere. Even though it had limited means, the Lehi underground was extremely active in establishing Jewish rule in the western alleys of Jerusalem. The attacks — sometimes repeated multiple times — on the neighborhoods or the villages of Romema, Lower Lifta, Upper Lifta and Sheikh Badr, which Yehezkel took part in, in addition to the threatening rumors of the attackers being from “Jamaat e Stern,” forced many Arab residents to flee. Their place was taken by Jewish refugees from other neighborhoods; in Lifta, the first open Lehi base was established.
Lehi also attacked and blew up homes in Malha, Katamon and Sheikh Jarrah; it also blew up Tanus House, next to the Tower of David, which was the command center of al-Najjada. IZL and Lehi worked together to capture the village of Der Yassin with heavy losses to its residents and the Arab fighters besieged in it — as well as the attackers.
On May 14,1948 the British left and Arab forces took over broad swaths of what had been known as “Bevingrad,” but Lehi, lacking the support of the Hagana, was unable to liberate the Old City.
On June 4,1948 a few days after his nineteenth birthday, Yehezkel was killed by a mine on the way to the village of Malha, shortly before it was captured.
At first, he was buried in Sheikh Badr, and on September 10,1950 he was interred in the Mt. Herzl Military Cemetery in Jerusalem