NAME: Feiglowitz, Tzvi

LEHI ALIAS: Rami

DATE OF BIRTH: 6 ביולי 1920

DATE OF DEATH: 21.1.1998

Tzvi was born in Chęciny, Poland to Rivka and Menahem on 6 July 1920. In his youth, he joined Beitar, and his spiritual teachers were Zeev Jabotinsky, Abba Ahimeir, Uri Zvi Greenberg and Dr. Yehoshua Yevin.

In September 1939, after Germany invaded Poland, he left home and his family and set out for Russia, the long way to the Land of Israel. There he found other Beitar members, including Natan Yellin-Mor, Anshel Shpilman, Avraham Amper and Yosef Glassman. They began to reconstitute the underground activities, which had ceased with the outbreak of hostilities.

They carried fake passports identifying them as Anders’ Army soldiers, reaching Turkey in 1940. From there they made their way to the shores of the Land of Israel, but he and his friends were sent to detention in Atlit. After they promised to enlist in the Polish Army, they were released and sent to the Polish army base near Haifa. On leave, they made their way to the shores of Tel Aviv, cast off their Polish Army uniforms, and joined Lehi. They were called “the Polish team.”

In Lehi, Tzvi (known as HaBelgish to his friends) was an activist and a fighter. His responsibilities included storing and hiding firearms and explosives.

During the Jewish Resistance Movement, when they attacked the Lod Railway, Tzvi was injured and had to seek help from the nearest agricultural settlement, Ben-Shemen. Although he received treatment, it was after many musings: “Should we hand him over to the British or let him go?”

In 1947, Tzvi married Yedida Mizrahi, of Jerusalem, sister of Lehi’s Rahamim Mizrahi, who was exiled in Africa. They have three sons and seven grandchildren.

When the State and the IDF were established, Tzvi joined Battalion 82 of the 8th Brigade along with his friends. He received the rank of master sergeant. He was injured in the Battle of Ramleh, but after a few days of recovery, he was able to take part in the Battles of Auja el-Hafir, Iraq Suwaydan, et cetera.

In 1951, Tzvi finished his military service and began working for the Tel Aviv Municipality, until he retired. Tzvi was active and involved in public life. He was one of the founders of the Fighters’ List, a member of the Herut Movement central committee, and a board member of Leumit Health Fund. His concern and energy focused on the Land of Israel, for which he dreamed and which he loved.

He passed away on 21.1.1998. He was buried in Yarkon Cemetery, in the Lehi section.

Join our mailing list

הצטרפו לרשימת התפוצה