Pnina was born in Poland in 1924. She immigrated to the Land of Israel with her parents Yoseph and Amalia, and passed her childhood in Old Tel-Aviv. Pnina studied painting with Aharon Avni, teacher of many students who influenced her artistic vision. She was married to Yehoshua Zelivansky, member of Lehi. They have three children and seven grandchildren.
Pnina was Yehoshua’s close partner in all his Lehi activities. Her main help was her assistance in opening their Tel Aviv home at 65 Shabazi St, to activities concerning preparation of sabotage materials – something which placed her under constant threat.
Following the establishment of the State, she continued developing her art, and in 1972 was granted a scholarship from the Government of France and Ministry of Education and Culture. Her works were exhibited in Amsterdam and the United States, as part of the celebration marking Thirty Years for the State of Israel. In 1975 she represented Israel in a group exhibition of 120 international artists, held at the International Center for the Arts in Paris.
Pnina tries to encompass Givatayim in her work, and she is active in the City Committees. She volunteers at Akim and has served as its treasurer during many years. She is also active in other areas involving education, culture and art. She was awarded honorary presidency of the Sculptors’ and Painters’ Union of Givatayim and Ramat-Gan.
On Independence Day 1998, she was honoured with the title, City’s Esteemed Citizen.