Eliezer was born on 15 Shevat 1913 in Zagórze, Poland to Tzvi and Yokheved. The family moved to Warsaw, and Eliezer studied in the Laor Gymnasium, a school for general studies with Jewish studies as well. After completing his studies, he studied chemistry in the University of Warsaw. He was part of the Masada youth group, which was tied to the Revisionist Party, where he absorbed the spirit of nationalism and the strong desire to make aliyah.

For a short time, he was also a Beitar member. In 1934, he made aliyah legally. His parents came later, and his father opened a store and a workshop for radio repair. Eliezer worked alongside his father and became an expert in radio and broadcasting. In 1938, Eliezer joined the IZL. He underwent weapons training and then was in charge of a group of young recruits. However, due to his expertise, he was tasked with setting up IZL’s secret radio station. He dedicated all of his energies to this task, and he built a transmitter and set up a number of antennae, and the plan was to rotate broadcasts. He also experimented to see how far the broadcasts could reach. For this purpose, they had a newsreader who was fluent in French say a few sentences at regular intervals, with a chime introducing each report. They determined that the broadcasts could be heard as far away as Haifa.

In 1940, as the IZL split, Eliezer followed Yair to Lehi. He continued to work in his profession and build transmitters. The day before Yair was murdered, he was arrested, on 11.2.1942. The next day, when he was brought in handcuffs to the CID, he saw the British officers congratulating each other and patting each other on the back. He didn’t know why until Tova Savorai was brought in, who said to the policewoman who was accompanying her: “They killed him…” Then he understood. He was interrogated and held at first in Jaffa, then in Acre, Mizra and Latrun. After two years, in 1944, he was released, but he could return to limited activity only.

In 1944, Eliezer married Shoshana Moskowitz, and they had four children (a son and three daughters) and eleven grandchildren.

With the establishment of the State, he joined the IDF along with his Lehi comrades, but because of his professional talents, he was assigned to the Communications Corps, serving as a sergeant in the IDF laboratories. After demobilization, he continued to work in this field.