Shulamit was born in Tel Aviv on 23.3.1932. She was the eighth child born to Esther and Shmuel, who made aliya from Russia in the 1920’s and settled in Neve Zedek in Tel Aviv. The family was Religious Zionist. The parents educated their children in a traditional and nationalist spirit. The father was a textile merchant and the mother a homemaker, a gentle and generous woman for whom the education of her children was her utmost priority. Shulamit was skilled in music, dancing and acting, and her father was proud of her.

She studied in the Neve Zedek Girls School, and at age nine she joined Brit Hashmona’im, a religious nationalist youth movement, most of whose members made their way to Lehi, including young Shulamit. Her Lehi nom de guerre was Yael. At first, she was putting up posters late at night or in the wee hours of morning, which involved more than a little violence and conflict, whether with Hagana members or the British. This caused her father to be very much opposed to her activity. He was worried about her safety, as well as the safety of her brothers — one of whom was in the IZL and one of whom was in the Hish. Shulamit had to leave the house, and she was sent for firearms training in Petah Tikva. She completed this successfully, and then she went to recruit youth and train them, together with Hiya Bezalel “Yossi” Yosefov. She would always fulfill whatever was asked of her with the dedication and love that characterized her.

At age sixteen, Shulamit went along with most of her Lehi comrades to enlist in the IDF’s 8th Brigade, under the command of Yitzhak Sadeh. She was a combat driver for Battalion 82, and she experienced many adventures over the course of the War of Independence.

On 12.12.1950, after her demobilization, she married Yehoshua Sheratzky, whom she had known since their days in Lehi.

In 1953, their daughter Nina was born. Unfortunately, their happiness did not last. In June 1955, Yehoshua was killed in a horrific work accident. Shulamit was left alone to raise their daughter, as she continued to work and study.

For years, Shulamit ran the Hebrew department of the Steimatzky Agency. For twenty years, she taught special education in the Miftan network. Once the school was closed, she returned to the world of publishing, running a bookstore in Tel Aviv at the Israeli Journalists Association in Beit Sokolov. The store was well-regarded by journalists and authors until it closed.

Shulamit was hurt in an accident, and when she recovered, she started making unique works of art, which she displayed in Jerusalem’s Hutzot HaYotzer, in Ramat Gan, and in the Artists’ Lane of Tel Aviv. She continues to explore her art and volunteer at Beit Yair.