Gershon was born on 22.12.1922, in Kovel in western Ukraine. He grew up in a nationalist, Hebrew-speaking home, which educated the children towards Zionist activity. His mother, Ada née Spektor, came from a famous rabbinical family, one of whose scions, Rabbi Isaac Elchanan Spektor, was one of the great rabbinical judges and decisors in Lithuania. His father Tzvi came from a family of converts, Subbotniks, Sabbath-observant Christians, once known as Pougatchov.

Gershon studied in the Tarbut Hebrew Gymnasium. Because his father was a Revisions it, he joined Beitar. At fifteen, he joined the IZL, and when World War II began, he went to the border to help smuggle youth to the Land of Israel. Gershon took part until he was captured by the Russians, wounded and sent to prison. He went through many prisons, the last of which was a labor camp in Russia’s northern taiga. After a year there, a group was organized which enlisted in the Polish Anders’ Army. Gershon was among these recruits, and at the end of a long journey, in late 1941, he reached the Land of Israel. Here he fled from the Army and hid in Kibbutz Shefayim. He then enlisted in the British Army, in which he met many of his fellow IZL members, and together they joined Lehi. While serving in the British Army, Gershon fought in Libya and Egypt and stayed in Cyprus. When he had leave from the army, he participated in underground activities, such as attacking the CID in Jaffa and Jerusalem. Because there were so many informers, Gershon was the victim of an informer on the kibbutz, who served with him in the Army. Gershon was arrested by the British, sent first to Latrun and then to Eritrea and Kenya. He took part in two attempts to escape from detention in Eritrea, but they failed.

He was released after the British left, and the next day he joined the IDF, fighting in the Negev in Battalion 89. He fought in most of the battles to liberate the Negev, until he was seriously injured in the capture of Auja el-Hafir. After months in the hospital, he was discharged.

In 1950, Gershon married Yehudit, and they established their home in Kfar Saba, having three sons, Tzvika, Mikha and Sharla, as well as eight grandchildren.

Gershon established a company for public-sector construction. Among other projects, he built the first two cable cars in Masada. He lived with his family in Kfar Saba.

Gershon passed away on 22.1.2000.