Nissim was born to Shalom and Luna on January 1, 1930 in Alexandria, Egypt. His father made aliyah at age thirteen in 1913, working in the settlements of Kinneret, Petah Tikva and Rishon LeZion. During World War I, he joined the Jewish Brigade, assisting the British in their war with the Turks. In 1925, he returned to Egypt due to a famine. In 1932, after he had married Luna and they had had two sons (Nissim and his younger brother Shlomo), he decided to return to the Land of Israel. First the father made aliyah; then the rest of the family followed in 1933. They arrived on a rickety ship, and they disembarked at the beach by Hadera. They joined the father, who lived in Tel Aviv’s Kerem Teimanim. Afterwards, they moved to a house they built in the HaTikvah neighborhood. Nissim studied in Bialik Elementary School. Once he completed his studies, he enlisted in Lehi. He worked by day in a textile store, and by night he was involved in underground activities, such as putting up posters, distributing the Maas newspaper and other propaganda. He was later trained in combat and explosives. At the same time, he joined the Maccabee sports league, a cover for his Lehi activities.

After the Haifa workshops were bombed, his parents’ house was searched. He was then stationed in Haifa, where he trailed British and Arab movements through the city, as well as taking part in other Lehi operations.

Once the State had been established, he joined the IDF and served in Yitzhak Sadeh’s brigade. He fought to capture Lod and in the Negev. Nissim also took part in the Sinai War, serving in the Armored Corps; and in the Six-Day War, in the Engineering Corps. In 1964, he finished his reserve duty with the rank of master sergeant.

In 1954, he married Tamar Sinuani, and they had four children and numerous grandchildren.

At age 30, he decided to acquire a profession and started taking night classes at ORT Singalovski in construction technologies. When he finished his studies, he started working as a manger at Rassco. As the years passed, he was promoted, until he became one of the senior managers in the company. He managed major projects such as university building, Tel Aviv’s Mercaz HaBeniya, building the city of Yamit and large neighborhoods of Ashdod, Yavneh and Ariel. He was the head of the workers’ committee in the company, a dedicated and diligent worker, known for his initiative and resourcefulness. Colleagues loved to work with him, and he was selected as the model employee of the company.

Matti, as he was called in Lehi and by his friends, was killed in a road accident on December 26,1985, on his way to work in Ariel. His death was a difficult loss, because he was a naturally vivacious and social person, supporting everyone who turned to him for help. He was interested in politics and social issues. He was also a cultured person who attended exhibitions, lectures and museums.

Nissim was buried in Holon.