Tzipporah Lanuel, daughter of Leah and Mordechai Menachem Granewitz, was born in the city of Zalov, Poland, on September 20th, 1922. She made aliya to Israel in 1924. The Granewitz family were all in the Lehi.
She joined the Brit Hashmona’im and served as an instructor in Tel Aviv. There she met her husband, Lehi member Eliyahu Lanuel “Ehud”.
They married in 1942. At first, they lived with their parents in south Tel Aviv, then they moved with their infant son to Bnei Brak. In their small apartment, Lehi meetings were held and Latrun escapees found reguge.
In 1944 she officially joined the Lehi and held various positions under the command of Rivka Lieberman “Karni”.
In 1945, Tziporah and Eliyahu moved to Pardes Katz, while Tziporah was pregnant with their second child. Their home became an armory, a refuge for the wounded and a Lehi meeting place.
She received the Lehi badge.
Tziporah and Eliyahu had two sons and a daughter, 14 grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Tziporah passed away on May 28th, 2020 and was laid to rest in the cemetery in Holon.