Avraham, son of Eliyahu and Victoria, was born in Damascus in a traditional community. He studied in the Kol Israel Haverim (Alliance) School. When he was twelve, the family decided to make aliyah illegally, as they could not get a visa. From Damascus, they were smuggled over the border to Tyre and Sidon. Because of informers, they had no choice but to return to Damascus. They then tried again, by way of Quneitra to Mas’ade. The locals worked with the smugglers and were able to hide them in their tents. One night, they crossed the Jordan. After many adventures, they reached the western shore of the Sea of Galilee and made their way from there to Nahalat Ganim, near Ramat Gan. Avraham first studied in a secular school, where he was educated with the values and principles of humanism. When a religious school was established, he transferred there and continued his studied in the Tel Aviv Yeshiva High School. Avraham was instrumental in the establishment of a Bnei Akiva branch in Nahalat Ganim and in Ramat Gan.

He joined Lehi in 1943, and he distributed propaganda and took part in other operations. Due to informers, the “Kalaniot” showed up in his parents’ home, searching it, confiscating some materials and arresting Avraham. He was transferred from the Ramat Gan Police Station to Latrun, where he became the head chef. Afterwards, he was imprisoned in Jerusalem at the Russian Compound. Rabbi Aryeh Levin, the prisoners’ rabbi, would come to visit every Sabbath. He would talk to Avraham and cheer him up. Finally, Avraham was released.

When the State was established, like the other Lehi members, he joined the IDF at Sheikh Munis, joining the 8th Brigade under Yitzhak Sadeh. Avraham had married Miriam Profata just a year-and-a-half earlier.

Avraham fought at the Battle of Beersheba, where he was wounded and blinded. He would never see again. He raised a family, but he never saw his children.

Avraham did all he could to recover from his injury in civilian life. He was at first hospitalized in Jaffa’s Dajani Hospital, then Rambam Hospital in Haifa, and finally the Institute for the Blind in Haifa’s French Carmel neighborhood. At the Institute he learned how to adapt. He learned how to maneuver with seeing-eye dogs. The aim was to survive.

Avraham knew he had to find a job. He opened a factory for brooms in Jaffa. He expanded to a general import-export business. He was a supplier for large public institutions and even the IDF.

Avraham and Miriam had two sons.