Mordechai was born May 29,1926 to Shabtai and Mazal in Greece. The family immigrated 1935 and lived in Tel-Aviv. He completed elementary and high-school education in Tel-Aviv and was both member and instructor at Maccabi-Tsa’ir. Blessed with high intellectual and physical abilities, Mordechai excelled at studies in ‘Biyalik’ School, and in all sports, awarded many medals at both ‘Biyalik’ and ‘Balfour High-School’. Despite being a star he remained modest. He established warm connections with the youth, radiating joy and optimism, much needed during those difficult times. He reached Lehi through Maccabi-Tsa’ir friends. At first, Mordechai took part in activities, distributed info-bulletins and was made instructor, excelling in recruiting young members. He was involved in daring operations and later returned to recruiting and instructing. Determined and courageous, he set an example. He began studying in a Tel-Aviv University evening school,continuing in Jerusalem. After establishment of the State, with Jerusalem still un-included within its borders, Mordechai was sent to Jerusalem and served in organisation and instruction. After the fighting moved to the Arab front he was at the forefront. In Lehi’s Beit-Taunus battle, central command position of Arab gangs outside the Old City confines, he commanded a sapper unit. Crawling in the mud under heavy gunfire, he arrived Arab Gangs’ HQ. It was heavily raining so he was unable to detonate the explosive charge. After commanding his men to retreat, he remained in place until he managed to activate the explosives. The mission was successful, but the building only partially destroyed. In the joint attack with Etzel on Deir-Yassin, Mordechai planned the operation with his Etzel counterpart Yehoshua Gal, and participated in the attack. Two weeks later, during the attack of Lehi fighters on the Old City Walls, Mordechai was killed while preparing combatants for the battle, one month before his twenty second birthday, May 30,1948. He was buried in Sheikh-Bader and on September 20,1950 his remains transferred to Mt. Herzl. Lehi’s ‘Dror Camp’ was named after him, established June 6,1948 at the centre of Talbiyeh neighbourhood. It served as a central base until Count Bernadotte’s assassination.