Amnon, son of Avraham and Simcha, was born on February 4, 1930 in Tel-Aviv. Amnon’s mother was a member of the ‘Machaneh-Yosef’ Ozeri family, well known to Lehi. She hid and looked after many Lehi fighters, Baruch, Ali, and others; all received her dedicated treatment, despite the risk.
Amnon began working when he was only thirteen. He worked in printing houses – first ‘Malan Press’, then ‘Kol-Ha’am Press’. Much of his work was done during night-shift; there he could earn well and donate to Lehi from both salary and savings. He joined Lehi 1946–1947. His kindness and loyalty, bravery, and respect to those around him, made him the living spirit of his surroundings. He was permeated with love of homeland and nation. He dreamt of the development of the land and the resurrection of the country. He profoundly experienced each event which took place and expressed it all in his notebooks. In May 1948 he joined the IDF with the Lehi veterans serving in the 82nd Battalion, 8th Brigade. His weapon was initially the Fiat machine-gun; after completing a Wireless Radio course, he operated the radio in an armoured track-vehicle. Full of confidence and faith he set out to fight each battle. When headed for battle, he exercised his confidence in calming down his concerned parents. “I’m made of steel”, he would say to his mother. Upon homecoming, he recounted enthusiastically the victories and conquests. He was about to receive time off, but declined this opportunity, as he had declined the offer to be discharged, and joined the 89th Battalion’s Commando Unit, with whom he participated in the battles of Lod, Ramle, Wilhelma, Be’er-Sheba, and Negba Police Fort. On September 11, 1948, following the conquest of Negba Police Fort, he climbed atop a nearby hill, overlooked the liberated landscape, radiant with the joy of victory, and called on his friends to continue the advance on Iraq-Suidan. Then his track-vehicle got hit by an enemy shell and his short life ended. Amnon was eighteen years old at his death. He was buried at Kfar-Varburg on November 10, 1948.