Rachamim, son of Yoseph and Esther, was born in Jerusalem 1923. He discontinued  elementary school to support his family. During  WWII he joined the British Army and served in Italy. Released at war’s end, he joined Etzel and later moved to Lehi. He underwent weapons-training and took part in many combat operations including blowing up  British Command HQ in Sarona. Pretending to be telephone company employees, Rachamim, disguised as  Arab driver, and his friend “Ya’acov” (Huberman), as  telephone technician, took a “Postal” maintenance vehicle into Sarona. Both had  necessary identification docs. They placed the booby-trapped vehicle near the HQ, and after Rachamim activated the delaying device, left the camp on foot, supposedly to check lines  nearby. The huge blast caused the British immense damage. Rachamim  took part in  assassinations of British soldiers and policemen. After 29th  November, when the Arabs began murderously rioting, Rachamim joined  Lehi fighters in Jerusalem. His house served as  a weapons-storage location; his mother assisted the fighters in cleaning and storing weapons. Rachamim was infinitely courageous and mastered his weapon excellently. He adopted the ‘Bren’ machine-gun as his personal weapon, easily operating it  from his hip. His firing “covered’  the others during Lehi’s Jerusalem activities.  When Arabs overpowered Romema, Lehi fighters got there, with Rachamim and his Bren at their head. He shot everywhere, flung grenades, and the panic stricken Arabs abandoned Romema, which returned to Jewish hands, enabling  the exit road to Tel-Aviv to re-open. Rachamim took part in the attacks on Sheikh-Bader, Upper Lifta, Lower Lifta, the breakthrough to Kattamon and  Deir-Yassin. He kindled optimism in the people surrounding him, sweeping them away with him. He married Margalit Levy 1950; they had two children and six grandchildren. He served in the IDF at the Shneller Camp. After the war he joined the Cherut Party and did ground work for the Likud. He worked as a carpenter, then as a fireman in Jerusalem, until  deciding to be an independent vegetable merchant in Machneh-Yehuda Market. However, things didn’t work out  and he went through a period of depression and poverty. Rachamim passed away  aged 71, on March 7, 1994.